Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do?

4 posters

Go down

What would you do? Empty What would you do?

Post  Admin Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:09 pm

What would you do if you sold someone elses puppy to a past buyer and the puppy died at 5mths old due to kidney & heart failure?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post  runarabbit Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:33 pm

My first questions would be:

How do you know it was Kidney/Liver malfunction?
second would be
Was a neucropsy performed?

I had a puppy pass away once and the owners said they had taken it to the zoo and it died going from the car to the zoo pay window. I knew zoo's didn't allow other animals in and wonder if the pup was left in the car, but they said no. I had a neucropsy done and everything looked normal. I thought maybe the couple had left the puppy in the car, but really didn't want to accuse anyone of such a thing and told them the report showed nothing unusual with the organs. I did however offer to replace the puppy. I just felt bad for them and felt in my heart they had done nothing purposely to injure their baby. I just did the necropsy for my own piece of mind and because I wanted to know if I had anything in my lines that could have caused this. The necropsy was 300.00 (which I ate) and I offered up a new pup (which I did not charge for). I know others that would have done different after finding the results had nothing to do with health, but I just wanted my customers happy and wanted to provide the best customer service I could and also wanted to be treated just as if it had happened to me and I was telling the truth. I had no proof this baby was actually left in a car, but just a feeling and it wasn't the feeling I was going to base my customer service on. I feel good about my choice, but yes, I will always wonder what happened, but the necropsy just didn't show either party cause of death Sad The couple didn't take another puppy, it was just an emotional roller coaster for them, which is completely understandable.

back to your original, which I'm answering with a question Smile If the necropsy came back that the puppy actually died from health issues, should the breeder replace the puppy or the other breeder selling it? I guess that just depends on the whole situation and dynamic of the contracts (if any are included)

I have seen some individuals offer health guarantees on their puppies, I wonder if that includes whoever owns the puppy or the adult? That might be something that we need to look @ in our contracts? I personally have quite using contracts and I'm working with a select group of breeders to develop a trust and some AWESOME lines we can use with each other. This may or may not work out, but I have found contracts useless when problems arise. Unfortunately, it seems a very large # of breeders just don't want to do whats right when it comes to problems or issues. It's a shame but find guys/gals you can trust and work with and try really really hard to make their programs just as important as yours. It should never be a one way street.

Last edited by runarabbit on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
runarabbit
runarabbit

http://www.dream-a-dream.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:58 pm

I have verification from the vet. Puppy was in ICU for 2 days! This is a good person who bought the pup and goes to the extreme of good care, food and all!
I feel aweful since it was me that sold the pup to her. I cried with her last night as she walked me thru the details when they put the puppy to sleep cause the prognosis was bad and the inevitable was happening!
I feel the puppy MUST be replaced!! But is that my responsibility or the owner of the litters? I did tell this person that no monies can be reumbursed but that I would see to it that this puppy is replaced! She waited 6 mths for a pup like this one to be born. My heart goes out to this family! They bought tons of gifts for this baby for Christmas. She just had her Lab put to sleep @ 14 yrs old from Cancer and her other doxies lived to be 16! She has a doxie from me now, that is just a tad over 1 yr!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jennyspups Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Have you talked to the breeder of the pup to see how they plan to address the situation? Are they offering to do anything for the family? I would feel terrible, too, in your situation being the "go-between", but I think the first step is to find out if this breeder is going to stand by their puppy.

confused Just to clarify...did you just recommend this breeder to a past customer or did the sale actually go through you where you took money for this puppy that was bred by someone else?

Jenny
jennyspups
jennyspups

http://www.jennyspups.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Percy's Place Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:15 pm

It is sad to say more and more breeders are not standing behind their dogs. I cant tell you how much breeders have taken me for. If this was me in this situation. I would first talk to the breeder of the puppy in question and see what she is willing to do for these people either replace the puppy or offer a full refund so they can find a new puppy from someone else if they do not want one from this breeder. If the breeder of this puppy refuses to stand behind their dog and I would offer them one of mine free of charge not because I owe them anything just because it is the right thing to do and I would feel so bad because I sold them this puppy even though I am not the breeder of this puppy. Good luck I hope it works out.
Percy's Place
Percy's Place

http://www.percysplace.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum