Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dentist

2 posters

Go down

Dentist Empty Dentist

Post  Admin Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:02 am

Ok.....so I had to go to the dentist cause I bit into a cookie right after Christmas and cracked my right top back molar all the way down past the gumline. OUCH!! They got me in the very next day for a consult.....so today I had that fixed.....they just broke it the rest of the way and took it out and then filled it real well and are talking about putting a crown on it later on! I also had a really bad tooth that I broke part of it off about 3 mths ago and it was infected so they were going to pull it today.....well that turned into a surgical removal. OUCH again!! They couldn't believe for how small my mouth is, how long my root was.....LOL!!! I'm not a wimp and he literally picked me up out of the chair...lmbo....when the roots released!! Anywho.....it was a fun experience.....on antibiotics & vicodens.
My question is.....LMBO.....has anyone had any bad experiences with crowns....this will be my first one.....are they really necassary or just another way for them to make money! It is the last tooth on the top back (molar), who the heck is gonna see it and why would I need a crown? scratch
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dentist Empty Re: Dentist

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:11 am

Hey Karen,

I had genetically bad teeth and had all of my upper front teeth crowned at 19 years old. The crowns lasted until last year (age 53). It was well worth the money spent. I also had a similar problem to yours with the same molar and opted not to crown because of cosmetic reasons (I thought it wouldn't matter). My dentist told me then that if I did not crown, the tooth above would move down toward the level of the filling, but I could not afford to crown it. This indeed happened over the years and I lost both teeth eventually. Also, the tooth I did not crown had decaying problems and had to be refilled a number of times. Also, it can make your bite unlevel. I bit my jaw often because of this. So, IMHO, it would be better to get the crown.

Hope you recover soon and good luck whatever decision you make Smile
Deb

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 pm

I have alot of crowns also never a problem .... but i also had a back molar pulled and same thing as bright star they told me my top tooth would drop down if i didnt get a tooth implant and i am a wimp so i did not do it and so far its o.k. except for the dentist telling me about it every time i get my teeth cleaned LOL!!!!!
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Ok so basically the crown isn't for cosmetic reasons but to help protect and prolong the tooth?! If this is the case then I guess I had better crown it next month when I go in for one more teeny tiny filling!! I have insurance so it will help with the cost, I just couldn't see getting one if it isn't going to help.....but if it will help....then I will opt to have it done!! We have genetically bad teeth also, my mom had full dentures around 45 yrs old. I have tried to keep my teeth healthy the best I can with brushing, flossing and using mouth wash. I will once again get my cleanings done every 6 mths...no more skipping them for 6yrs...LOL....when they are free!!
Its funny that it cost me $450 for my dogs teeth to be cleaned and 1 tooth removal and my teeth were cleaned, filling and surgical extraction and it cost me $124......LMBO!!!! confused
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 am

you poor thing...i knew that tooth needed pulling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content