Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I

3 posters

Go down

I Empty I

Post  stephaniejowiebe Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Last edited by stephaniejowiebe on Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

stephaniejowiebe

Back to top Go down

I Empty Re: I

Post  JamiLynnS Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 am

First off, congrats! cheers
For the next part I personally don't have any experience with this but I have seen Victoria Stilwell deal with it.
What she tells people to do is to get one of those baby dolls that makes the actual noises and start to go through the day as if the doll was real. See how she does with that and you'll be able to get a pretty good estimate on how she'll react to a real baby. Hope this helps! Smile
JamiLynnS
JamiLynnS

http://www.imperialdachshunds.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:31 am

I had my son 16 years ago but i had a red smooth dachshund at the time and he was like my child loved him to death but he was not very nice to anyone but hubby and i ... I worried all the time about what he would do so when i was in the hospital i would have my husband take home a blanket or something that had the smell of my son on it and let my Ted smell it .He was fine he was always nice to my son even when my son learned to crawl and walk Very Happy Very Happy
As for the being away so much i cant help there i just went to hospital and was home 2 days later ...I hope everything works out for you Very Happy
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 am

Good idea Jami Very Happy My dog did cry every time my son did LOL!!!
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum