Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ee red to ee cream?

2 posters

Go down

ee red to ee cream? Empty ee red to ee cream?

Post  AlaskanLowrider Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:13 pm

I understand "ee"'s pretty well but this throws me for a loop - "Tinny" (was Deborah) was a pretty ee red:
8 weeks - nursed from a raw fed dam and weaned on Solid Gold Wee bites and not too happy freezing in 20 degree weather for better pictures to determine coloring
ee red to ee cream? Pups008

At 10 months ...a bit orange but still a pretty red - fed Eukaneuba dachshund formula
ee red to ee cream? Valentine

At 15 months ....appears to be cream - fed RAW and not too happy about being handled
ee red to ee cream? Valentine2_1

I took all of these photo's myself thanks to her families patience allowing me to keep going over her so I know they weren't altered.

I know some food additives can turn a light coat darker but ee red to ee cream? I also know with ee's whether cream or red thier coats get darker with age not lighter. Despite her current coloring I am not changing her coat color as she was clearly an ee red. I had the same problem with her momma (Chloe) going from chocolate/tan to chocolate/cream looking - The more I think of it and watching Phoebe
(same mom - different dad....no 2nd "e" or cream involved - piebald and dilute instead) - she looks just like Chloe but with better coat and really tan (almost red) points....Do you think food has something to do with Tinny's coloring or "ee" genetics turning some reds to creams or an unsolved mystery or am I looking too deep again?

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

ee red to ee cream? Empty Re: ee red to ee cream?

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:41 pm

How bizarre. We always see the puppies born cream colored and then redden up, but you don't see the reverse too often. She has a beautiful head, BTW. Very Happy

Proud Lake Dachshunds

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AlaskanLowrider Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Exactly ! It is very bizarre - I always thought ee's deepened to red and not lightened to cream so this is very puzzling. I thought it was the food but if it was then she would have been cream colored when solely nursing but she wasn't : [url=ee red to ee cream? Pup1
So I am not sure what is going on here - she was switched from Solid Gold to Eukaneuba due to money then suffered allergies while on it so they switched her to raw after I got them in contact with my farmer suppliers for a healthier and cheaper alternative because of the allergies from kibble - they didn't want to sacrifice her health due to budget - I am going to have a CBC panel done to see if she is lacking any nutrients which could be causing this as I am not sure and want a complete picture especially since I am thinking of line breeding her progeny if it all works out

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  AlaskanLowrider Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:45 am

Just got the results of her CBC ....everything is normal so she isn't lacking any nutrients - truly bizarre. She is the only one out of her litter that has done this ....there was only 1 full color one - a pretty black/cream out of 7. The lightest one (very light eggshell) is now a pretty light cream and the others turned red. I'll have to do some investigating this winter when I have the time for some intense research

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down