Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Totally stummped.. :(

3 posters

Go down

Totally stummped.. :( Empty Totally stummped.. :(

Post  LittleGems Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

So I recently had a litter of pups, 5 to be exact. I thought I had things all figured out, that is until I was taking much closer look at pedigrees. My puppies were 3 solid black (possibly hidden brindles) and two black and tans.

Okay that is all fine and dandy BUT I am not sure about something. See the mother I got was given to me already bred, she didn't know and I didn't know until SURPRISE! Your dog is fat! lol I had her checked out as soon as she started showing signs of being pregnant. I have dealt with so much pregnany in dogs, but this, this was a hard one. See Hazel was severly under weight when I got her and so she didn't really start showing till two weeks before she was going to deliver. It was sort of a shock. Okay, so back to what I am confused about;

Hazel is a chocolate, her father was a black and cream, mother a chocolate with a cream parent and a chocolate parent. So a great deal of cream and chocolate in there!

The father of the pups is black and cream, with two black and cream parents and cream grandparents on both sides. Chocolate at least... 4 gens back?

Now my confusion lies with the colors of the pups. We had three SOLID blacks.. that had cream under their tails and around their feet at birth, but it went away and the only thing that showed afterward was a chocolate sheen to the coat. Then two black and TANS. They were lighter tans, but still tans. My question is, and maybe I am just a baffoon, but shouldn't we have thrown chocolate or at least black and creams?

I never registered the puppies, on account that I sold them without papers, but I am glad I didn't because I have an inkling that the lady didn't really know WHO the dad was...

LittleGems

Back to top Go down

Totally stummped.. :( Empty Re: Totally stummped.. :(

Post  littletinydachz Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Pictures of the puppies would help..lol..The cream under tail and feet doesn't sound right for a solid dog to me... scratch
littletinydachz
littletinydachz

http://little-tiny-dachshund.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah pictures of the puppies would be great!! Explanations really can't do a pup justice for colors.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum