Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeloading Family and Friends

3 posters

Go down

Freeloading Family and Friends Empty Freeloading Family and Friends

Post  Angelboys3 Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:10 pm

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so here goes. I am wondering if any of you get contacted by your relatives regarding puppies. I have a huge extended family, many of which we only see once every couple yrs. That being said, they know I have puppies from time to time and will call or e-mail me about them. I give them the same info I would give anyone, as well as the price. Then they inevitably say, ok how much for me??

What?! What do you mean, how much for me?? Am I the only one who gets this, and what should I say to them? I put a lot into my dogs and puppies. That is not to say that I haven't ever given a puppy free (or a huge discount) to a deserving family because I have. However, never to someone who asked and thought they were entitle to one since they were family. I realize it would be different if it were say, my sister or mom, or maybe a cousin I was especially close to, but shouldn't it be my place to offer a lower price if I want to, not because they asked?? This would also apply to people you are "friends" with, whether they be co-workers or even somebody you attended HS with...

Like I said, just thinking about this since I have a litter coming up and a couple planned for early spring. I am trying to figure out what to say without coming off as rude or condescending, should the situation come up again, lol!
Angelboys3
Angelboys3

http://www.3rdachshunds.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Freeloading Family and Friends Empty Re: Freeloading Family and Friends

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:13 pm

You not the only one who gets this....I think you either have to give them a puppy or tell them they get no discount...but there is no middle here. Depending on what i feel and how i feel depends on what i do. Family is like that. They think that anything that is yours is also theirs. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Yeppers...happens all the time! I will give discounts but that is up to me whom I give them too and how much I will give!! If I know they have the money and are just trying to get it for free......then they can go somewhere else!!! If they don't have that big lump sum, then I will give them a discount and payment arrangements. If I want to give one to someone for free I will......generally that is done for people who have either helped me out at sometime or other when needed or to someone that I know would if I asked!! Very Happy
I have had people come to me tho and ask how much of a discount and I tell them and they are like wow that is a discount, then I go on to explain, the vet bills, shots, wormings, food and all my time that goes into them......Yeah start adding all that up!!!! Laughing Laughing lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dove Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:16 pm

For me, it depends on the family member. I give discounts, and I have turned some family members down. If I know that they can't afford much, but they would treat the puppy like a prince, I give them a bigger discount. I just tell them that they are not to discuss how much they paid. What a Face
dove
dove

http://www.DovesDachshunds.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum