Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diggin out of control?

Go down

Diggin out of control? Empty Diggin out of control?

Post  littletinydachz Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:13 pm

My 9 year old...ok,so Here's the thing,she digs...She LOVES to dig..For years this hasn't been an issue(she is a Dachshund afterall),but just recently she's been getting out of hand.Her name is "Weenie Girl McGruff" but she also has a nickname..the Bulldozer!
She digs rain or shine,morning,noon or pitch black night!
When we let her out with everyone else,she disappears into a tunnel or hole!

She hunts gophers and that's really not the problem,but I'm afraid the digging is now compulsive and needs something done.
When everyone is being fed she will DIG! She will not come and eat unless we make it a point to go and get her and hold her near the food.

She gets so gross and muddy and she has sensitive skin to start with so when she gets muddy and I do my best to towel her off..It doesn't help.>Even when I give her a bath she goes right abck out and gets dirt and mud all in her coat!

My other issue is her "side-kick" Sparkle...lol..Sparkle will literally sit behind her while she digs getting dirt and mud thrown all over HER too!...
We've been thinkning about putting a remote trainer on her for those times she's in a hole and can't hear us..

I'm starting to think this might be dangerous for her any ideas or thoughts about it..Here are some pics from the last sunny day and what she does when let you to potty breaks.
What do you think?Dangers of too much digging?Any ideas?

littletinydachz
littletinydachz

http://little-tiny-dachshund.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum