Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heidox Rawls Stetson (son of CH Heidox Eric Sebastian) Available

2 posters

Go down

Heidox Rawls Stetson (son of CH Heidox Eric Sebastian) Available Empty Heidox Rawls Stetson (son of CH Heidox Eric Sebastian) Available

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi All,

Sadly, I have decided that having 3 studs is more than I can handle in the house and that I will have to rehome Stetson, a son of CH Heidox Eric Sebastian, bought from Jon & Martha Heider by Janean Rawls. Although, I originally only wanted Rowdy because of having all in-home dogs, Janean really wanted me to have this sweet boy and I appreciate her trust in me. I have tried mixing the boys in a variety of ways in the house without success. I am so sorry that I can not keep him, but feel it is more fair to let him go to a home with a kennel to house him, or at least to separate him when females are in season. Although I now own him, I have respectfully discussed this with Janean and have her blessings to post here for a potential co-owner or new owner. We only want what is best for him. Pics & pedigree can be seen on Janeans site at http://www.rawlsdachshunds.com/Stetson.html

Stetson is 4 years old (last month), very outgoing with a sweet temperament, good confirmation like his dad, fully coated, and has sired 2 litters. He possibly does not carry points as there are no pointed dogs in his pedigree for 3 generations. Thus far, he has only produced creams/blushes when mated to a black/tan/cream. Stetson minds well and has housebroken easily, loves to cuddle, and is a very "kissy-kissy" boy. He will probably make an excellent house dog with just a little more work if someone wanted him in the house. He is crate trained and heads straight to the door to potty when let out of his crate. When, he comes back inside to play, he has not marked in the house since about the 3rd day of arrival (has hiked his leg to try, but minds when told "No").

Of the two boys that I have of Janean's, Stetson is definately the one that would be the most sought after due to his well-known sire. However, I have decided to keep Rowdy (also CH sired) because I have a cream stud from the same great lines (and other great lines) as Stetson and because Rowdy also has exceptional ancestry (Guardian's, Vom Daxi Haus, etc.) confimation, and temperament, and is 1/2 black/tan and 1/2 cream. I simply need Rowdy more in my program than I do Stetson and can currently only manage seperation arrangements for 2 studs.

I am more than willing to co-own Stetson with the right person with very easy terms (breed backs, then release my ownership, etc.) as I really do love him and wish I had accomodations for him. Because I have no kennel to house him like he is used to, I feel it is unfair to keep him just to have puppies. All of my dogs live in my house and are part of the family. They are only crated in an ex-pen at night to sleep. I don't want him "living" in a crate. Although he enjoys being in the house, he is just as happy being outside. My problem with him is that he doesn't seem to like his cousin, Chief (my other cream male 9 months old). But, I believe he probably would get along with Chief if the 2 new girls I got from Janean were not in heat. He has always gotten along with Rowdy, except when the girls were in heat. This will be an ongoing problem for me with 4 intact females in the house, so I have no choice, but to let him go. Someday, I plan to have a small kennel, but currently, I am more focused on confirmation training with Chief, visiting nursing homes with Tuck, and selecting breedings to create my own lines for future showing.

I will also consider selling him to a responsible breeder, or on a spay/neuter contract as a pet, for the same price I paid Janean for him if someone chooses to own him outright. If interested, please PM me or email me at BrightStarRN@hotmail.com to discuss options.

Deb

Last edited by Bright Star on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelled word)

Back to top Go down

Heidox Rawls Stetson (son of CH Heidox Eric Sebastian) Available Empty Re: Heidox Rawls Stetson (son of CH Heidox Eric Sebastian) Available

Post  Admin Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:27 pm

I hope you find him a great home....I'm sure you will!! He is a pretty boy! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Heidox Rawls Stetson (son of CH Heidox Eric Sebastian) Available Empty Re: Heidox Rawls Stetson (son of CH Heidox Eric Sebastian) Available

Post  runarabbit Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:15 am

He is a very pretty boy. Should have no problems placing him Smile I was even a bit tempted Smile for a sec.
runarabbit
runarabbit

http://www.dream-a-dream.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:05 pm

I would take him but I already have one of Erik's boys and I will soon have a daughter of Erik's...so he would do me no good! Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down