Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wicket

5 posters

Go down

Wicket Empty Wicket

Post  AlaskanLowrider Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 am

Wicket is our new foster - he is very well behaved, knows basic commands, very sociable and is eager to please. He has been here for almost 2 weeks (friday).

Usually by the time fosters come in they have behavioral issues to work out, needs lots of hands on, separation and rotations etc. - not this boy. It has been such a joy having him here its hard for me to understand why on earth he was abandoned.

Wicket Wicket001
Wicket Wicket004
Wicket April021
Wicket Wicket010

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Wicket Empty Re: Wicket

Post  JamiLynnS Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 am

He's a cutie!!
JamiLynnS
JamiLynnS

http://www.imperialdachshunds.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:53 am

Aww looks like a sweet boy Very Happy His tail looks like a Pom tail Very Happy
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:06 am

He does look very sweet.....I'm glad he has you tho for now til you find him his forever home! happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaleena Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 am

Aww looks like a pom mix. Glad he is a good boy that doesn't need alot of work. Bet you won't have much trouble finding a great forever home for him.

Kaleena

http://www.lovebugdoxies.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlaskanLowrider Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:06 pm

He is as sweet as can be - he hasn't been here that long but I am going to miss him when he is gone.

The rescue says he is a spaniel mix but after I saw him I see pom, chihuahua and pug in him - i'll never know for sure though unless I pay for the test to satiate my curiosity which I probably will Laughing

He is going to be adopted fast once he becomes available. Its going to be awhile though...the coordinator has to let the director know he is in foster first then he can get fixed and placed. See back in January a large scale puppy mill got busted after they found 38 dead dogs on the property, another 70 that were sick and malnourished and another 20 that were pregnant and 5 litters on the ground....all huskies and labs. Several rescues worked with the shelters to seize 184 dogs ...the man is in jail awaiting trial..so our system is waay overtaxed right now. I would have loved to help but I can't have large breed dogs.

The rescue coordinator received a call from the Houston shelter to find a foster home for him since his only problem was being abandoned. It was a last minute decision ...he had 3 hours left before they would have been forced to put him down to make room - sight unseen the coordinator arranged for his pick up then scrambled to find a last minute foster....in fact I got the call when he was being picked up so he went from the shelter straight to me....this was 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Not knowing anything about him, having a young puppy and a litter on the ground I was nervous about it but after spending time with him all my worries quickly disappeared. I did have him isolated - long enough to give vaccination boosters, de-wormings and medication for coccidia and giardia to be on the safe side. So now the coordinator has to break the news to the stressed out director to get the ball rolling on him

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum