Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about registries

2 posters

Go down

question about registries Empty question about registries

Post  doxiesmom Tue May 17, 2011 6:22 pm

OK, most of you know about Cruz my new import form Canada. Well his breeder, registered his litter with ACA. I got him with the understanding from AKC that I could register him using their alternate registry procedure. When I emailed AKC and told them what I had and if he could be registered they gave me a list of things that I would need to send to them. I sent everything they asked for today, and now they are telling me that because he was born in Canada and not CKC registered he can not be AKC registered. They also told the breeder I got him from that he could be AKC registered. Now I am not sure what I can do.

After all of this rambling I guess my big question is which would be the best registry other than AKC to register him with. I am so disappointed in AKC and right now and really considering dropping them all together.
Thanks for listening, all suggestions at this point are more than welcome.
doxiesmom
doxiesmom

http://www.kcsdoxies.com

Back to top Go down

question about registries Empty Re: question about registries

Post  littletinydachz Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 pm

As far as I know,the alternate registration is for dogs with pedigrees that indicate that they are from AKC stock dogs....I would assume they would easily be able to find the information that he is out of another registry stock..

Yes,I know..the AKC can be a pain in the You know what! There are many benefits and disadvantages to their rules..

I would ask if the breeder is able to register him CKC(canadian) if at all possible to make things easier...
Maybe look into the UKC registration process...?
Other option is that you register with CKC(continental),but you have full pedigree so it would make him more valuable that way,than without any registration whatsoever..

I was sold a dog with (AKC registration) and It was never given,just recently I was able to get her AKC registered because I have her pedigree and such..Was really nice that I was able to do that after being lied to about getting her certificate...Her pedigree verified she that dogs behind her were AKC registered(even though I had their names and no AKC #'s)
littletinydachz
littletinydachz

http://little-tiny-dachshund.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  doxiesmom Tue May 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks Chris, I am talking with the breeder I bought him from. She bought him from another Canadian breeder, so she is going to talk to her to see if she can register his litter with CKC ( Canadian). His sire is AKC registered, but his dam is ACA registered. Apparently CKC is just as much of a pain as AKC. So we shall see.
I am wondering if I can show that his sire is AKC registered that they will try. I doubt it though.
doxiesmom
doxiesmom

http://www.kcsdoxies.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down