Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need to vent

2 posters

Go down

need to vent Empty need to vent

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 6:19 pm

ok being moved to Florida has hurt my business to a certain degree. I am having to start all over again with clientele anyways that is not why i am venting. I placed an add in the local newspaper and waited for this one woman to finish advertising her dog. Don't you know as soon as i ran my ad she ran hers. Ok now i am irritated. Then I called to see if she still had the one dog she is advertising as a chocolate and cream....see picture:
need to vent 4751777
Her Ad

She said why yes i do and the dog is now 12 weeks old and weighs 8lbs. So obviously not by a long shot is it gonna stay a mini because at 12 weeks you take and double and add a pound and you have the dogs final weight. 17lbs full grown. Then as you can see its not cream. Also i asked is that full AKC...she said why of course all my dogs go with full akc. So she surely doesn't care about her dogs to even weed out those who will be breeding. So here i am trying to compete with someone who could care less about her dogs. Someone who will make sure that she under cuts me price wise. I am for sure not charging less then what she charges. Right now the two boys who are ready to go i have them marked down to 600 and with Senior discounts or military then you get another 50 dollars off. Which i feel is fair especially for what you get with one of my pups.

I cannot put her down to other customers as it doesn't look professional. I have had calls asking can't i charge only 350 and have refused. I am trying to do the best i can with the situation. I am just hoping she sells this last pup before the weekend so i can at least get rid of her for competition. He is not an ugly dog but not of my quality of dogs for sure. I just hate even advertising in the newspaper. I wish my website were enough at this time. I can't do puppyfind because even this woman is doing that and i really do not think puppyfind works anymore. I use breeders.net, hoobly and puppysites.com. Anyone else in Florida know a good place that can help you advertise?

Back to top Go down

need to vent Empty Re: need to vent

Post  littletinydachz Thu May 19, 2011 7:09 pm

I know what it's like to deal with someone like that as "competition" I really don't like the newspaper either,one of my last resorts on a pup that just ends up here for a long time...
I hope her pup goes too,so you can place your babies...I get the "can I get it cheaper,because other breeders have them cheaper?" questions all the time....That's really irritation especially when you know you pups are of better quality than those" cheaper" breeders..It's awful,I hope things get better...The dog is most definitely NOT cream..From the picture I can't tell if it's chocolate or blue,maybe my screen,but not cream.
littletinydachz
littletinydachz

http://little-tiny-dachshund.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D&A Mini Doxies Fri May 20, 2011 8:18 am

Ugh I hate the newspaper. We paid $40 to advertise Zero for 3 days in the paper, and then 7 days online and got one semi-serious call and then I got an email from a 13 year old pretending to be her mom Shocked It really irritates me that people will go just for what's cheapest, and the people selling the dogs have no idea what they are doing. Have you tried ebay classifieds? Other than my website I get most of my responses from facebook, hoobly, and the ebay classifieds.

D&A Mini Doxies

http://daminidachshunds.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum