Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Studding Problems

3 posters

Go down

Studding Problems Empty Studding Problems

Post  D&A Mini Doxies Sat May 21, 2011 8:38 am

Alright so here goes.....We agreed to stud Reuben to an outside female awhile ago. The lady wanted to do pick of the litter, and after having looked at her dog and her dog's pedigree we agreed to. We knew then already that we wouldn't be keeping our pick of the litter because Reuben is the only stud we own, and her female was more of a small standard size and we only like to do true miniatures. She lives about 5 hours away in Virginia, and was very nice and cooperative throughout the whole thing. The puppies have since been born, and are about 5 weeks now and we have made our pick when they were about a week old. So now the problem is the last set of pictures she sent me was when they were two weeks old......they are now 5 weeks! Now I know everyone isn't anal as me with timely picture taking, and its not such a big deal for her because she only has the one female, but c'mon 3 weeks and still no pictures! I have messaged her twice over facebook that I would like to have some so I can see how she's developing, and I had someone interested in her that wanted updated pictures as well and she keeps telling me she's been so busy she'll do it tomorrow......still no pictures! I really don't know what to do at this point. She has told me she has sold the other 3 puppies, so I guess it really isn't a big deal for her to get new pictures since her works already done, but I still need pictures. I have also asked her how her conformation was turning out, and if she had any defects like bad bites, or hernias and she hasn't responded to that either. Since she lives 5 hours away its not like I can just drive down for a visit anytime and look at her beforehand. I am going to be extremely angry if I get down there to pick her up, and she was hiding something from me about her and I won't know what to do. I will only ever do pick of the litter again with people I know, and are comfortable with because this is just ridiculous. So how do I again tell her I need pictures!?, and what should I do if I get down there and she hid something from me? Do I just take it as a life lesson, and get screwed? I told her since we were doing pick of the litter we wouldn't sign off on any AKC registration paperwork until we were there to pick up our puppy.

D&A Mini Doxies

http://daminidachshunds.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Studding Problems Empty Re: Studding Problems

Post  Admin Sat May 21, 2011 11:25 pm

Ugh this is a tough one! Does she know you are not keeping the puppy? If she does.....tell her you NEED those pics for a potential buyer and you would really appreciate it if she would send them......5 wks now is a good stage to see what the conformation is looking like. Did you sign a contract?
You may have to write it up as lesson learned if nothing else. Sorry you are going thru this......this is what sucks about taking pick of the litter! I don't pick mine until 4-5 wks of age...unless I am just going for color.......Gina always held back the nicest 2 girls for me and let me then decide on the one I liked better......but I trust her and she is a little over 4 hrs away!
I hope you get things worked out!!! happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D&A Mini Doxies Sun May 22, 2011 8:11 am

Yeah she knows we arn't keeping the puppy, and yes I made her sign a contract, but it had nothing in it about sending pictures because I didn't think that would have been an issue. Ugh what's going to make it even worse is I'm going on vacation to NC with my family, and then on the way back up we are stopping at her house to pick up the puppy since her house is right on the way to back home. Darren just got a new job so he isn't coming with us, so I won't have him there for help making decisions if something were to turn out fishy when I get there to pick her up. I'm going to give her till tomorrow, and then I will yet again message her and ask her for pictures. She said the reason she hasn't gotten the pictures is because her family has been sick, work, and her physical ailments.....but yet the previous time I had asked for pictures she said she had been busy helping a friend build a chicken coop. *Sigh* apparently she just doesn't take this as seriously as I do.

D&A Mini Doxies

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Sun May 22, 2011 8:50 am

That is really rude of that lady Evil or Very Mad The older i get the more amazed i get how some people treat others Shocked I am a total wimp as my husband says so i could never do what you guys do when it comes to dealing with people and my own dogs i give all of you tons of credit !!!
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  D&A Mini Doxies Sun May 22, 2011 10:48 am

Thanks Robin. Its tough sometimes, and I swear this year has been one of the most frustrating I've had with dealing with people. Most of the time I enjoy it, and the people on my waiting lists always seem to be the most serious, and you really get to know them. However, people like this woman, and all the no-shows really put a damper on everything Mad This lady is very nice, and was super cooperative until now with the lack of pictures. LOL I would like to know what kind of dog I am going to be picking up before I actually pick it up. It wouldn't be such a big issue if it wasn't for the distance.

D&A Mini Doxies

Back to top Go down

Post  D&A Mini Doxies Sun May 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Woohoo I finally got my pictures! I'm putting them up in another thread now Smile

D&A Mini Doxies

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Sun May 22, 2011 6:31 pm

happy happy
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 22, 2011 8:43 pm

happy happydog happydog