Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at*

2 posters

Go down

Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at* Empty Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at*

Post  Angelboys3 Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Just thought I'd share some pictures of the spider bite one of our doxies suffered over the summer. The vets believe it was a brown recluse due to the large amount of tissue damage. The day I now realize was when she got bitten, she had a tender spot on her back (no swelling) and had vomited upon coming in from playing outside. Didn't really think too much of it, just that she had played a little too hard. By the next morning though, she had considerable swelling on her back that you could see and feel. We went to the vet that afternoon and the first pictures are from that visit, when they had to shave her. The next 2 are in the weeks following, as she heals. The last one that I have show her just about completely healed, just needing to regrow some more hair. I will try and take some more pictures tonight to show how far she has come!

Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at* Sunni_spider
Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at* Sunni_spider2

I didn't take pics during the worst of the skin sloughing off. I just couldn't make myself do it Sad

Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at* Sunni4
Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at* Sunni3

And here she is playing with her friends, with most of the healing done

Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at* Dachshunds243
Angelboys3
Angelboys3

http://www.3rdachshunds.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at* Empty Re: Photos of Spider Bite *Some are hard to look at*

Post  D&A Mini Doxies Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:26 pm

yeah brown recluses are dangerous, and will eat the tissue from the inside out. My brother killed one in our shower once...not something I want to get close to

D&A Mini Doxies

http://daminidachshunds.weebly.com

Back to top Go down