Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaded Chocolate Creams

3 posters

Go down

Shaded Chocolate Creams Empty Shaded Chocolate Creams

Post  LittleGems Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:52 pm

I wasn't sure if this is where this goes, but I am curious about something that is not talked about in the dachsahund standard. I know that it says "sable" is dark overlay on a red dog, but in shaded creams they just label them as "cream". What if you have a shaded chocolate cream? That I know would just be listed as cream as well, but my main concern is that it says "Black dogs nails/nose black. Chocolate liver" So if you have a chocolate shaded cream dog with liver nose and nails is it showable or no? I am thinking no, but it is not specified in the standard so I am curious!

Thanks,
Shelby

LittleGems

Back to top Go down

Shaded Chocolate Creams Empty Re: Shaded Chocolate Creams

Post  D&A Mini Doxies Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:25 am

Well reds with a black overlay are shaded reds and should just be called reds as well. Sable is a long-hair dog with the hairs banded just as wildboar in smooths and wirehairs. The chocolate based reds and creams are looked down upon because of the "poor pigmentation", but they are showable. The best example that comes to my mind is the long-hair chocolate based red, CH Heidox Liam Kinsale Stout Smile

D&A Mini Doxies

http://daminidachshunds.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleGems Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:51 am

Good to know thank you! Would they just be listed as creams and reds then or chocolates? So much to ask sorry lol!

LittleGems

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:37 pm

They would just be listed as reds or creams....yes!

If you have a chocolate & tan or chocolate and cream.....then yes you can show them and yes some judges do like the chocolates. It gets harder to show dogs tho of the different colors & patterns. Most judges just like your typical black & tans and reds......but you can show any dog of any color, coat & pattern.....that doesn't mean that they will finish and lots of times you have to research the judges to see what they place. You can find judges that like dapples and there are still a few that like the piebalds!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleGems Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Thank you Karen! Honestly I am crazy new to the dachshund show world. I helped my sister-in-law for years with her Samoyeds and know they so well, but they are all white! So when it comes to color the isn't hard to ask about lol! Karen do you come to the shows in Chicago often? It would be cool to meet someone from the forum that knows something about something! I am so nervous to take a dog to my first show. Probably more nervous then the dog!

LittleGems

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:59 am

I will try to be at the show...I will probably enter one of my creams of maybe even take Nugget.....who knows or maybe one of my new kids....LOL!
Whatever you do....try not to be nervous.....that will travel down that lead and straight to your dog. I know......easier said than done but it does happen. I just take a bunch of deep cleansing breaths and go out there and try to have some fun with the dog! The more you do it the easier it gets!
Good Luck and have fun and I will get to meet you I am sure at a show soon! happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down