Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Venue do you start showing in? What have your experiences been like?

2 posters

Go down

Which Venue do you start showing in? What have your experiences been like? Empty Which Venue do you start showing in? What have your experiences been like?

Post  runarabbit Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:22 am

Which Venue do you start showing in? What have your experiences been like?

I have heard "never question a judge in the ring" but nothing about e-mail Smile. I've never been much on rules, I pretty run with the thought they were all meant to be broken at some time or another.. YEAH, i was a challenge child in school. How can anything be set in stone, there has to be situations that were meant to push the envelope or how do we learn new things without questions??? That said, i will share my newbie experiences.

I found the IABCA a very fun, relaxed and AWESOME Venue. I can chat with the judges in the ring, ask all the questions that I want and miss up & start all over (a great place for me & my fun loving dog). When it comes to ringside, everyone of the folks are very helpful & I LOVE IT Smile... it's FUN FUN FUN and still competitive.

UKC, is a little more strict, but yet I still feel comfortable asking question when no-one else is in the ring with me and the folks are also very down to earth and the majority helpful and very nice.

AKC (WHEW) (UGHH), a challenge for me right now. I'm in Texas and it's HOOTT in more ways than one here with this venue. VERY VERY Cliquish and they prey on the Weak Smile Ollie was the only dog entered in his class and when I went in the ring Saturday, i could feel his hesitation as the judge went to fondle his manhood. But, all was fine. Second day same thing except he snapped. Me not being much of a rule follower and knowing there was no competition asked the judge what she would like for me to do the next time this situation arouse and being the AWESOME understanding person she was said let him walk around & stack again. Same thing and again, same thing and again...same thing...O.K. yes, by this time I KNOW I need work in this area, but this lady was great to HELP and give pointers. I didn't mind looking totally looking like an amatuer (heck I am) and not quite sure how to handle things. OMG ringside (where hubby was)...Individuals were not supportive, Some complained that if it had been any other judge I would have been excused from the ring, after exiting, no-one said "it's o.k. it happens to the best of us" or "heads up keep trying" or Hey, if your open let me give you a few pointers...NOPE not as friendly here in Texas with this group. Maybe I love people to much and want everyone to have fun and succeed. I just can't imagine watching that and then walking over to a group to gossip about it. I'm the person that wants to walk over to the individual and say let's work on this..or hey, shake it off it's going to get better Smile...As I'm typing now, I just realized I have been so down on AKC shows and now I realize it's not the Venue, it's the individuals showing it Sad WOW I'm kind of slow...hmmm, that only took me 1.5 years to figure out. Just a heads up, i hear not all AKC shows are as vicious as Texas Venues Smile funny thing is some of the same judges from AKC judge the IABCA and UKC shows. So i question away every chance I get Smile and yes, I'll be back and I'll keep working to get it RIGHT Smile I'll say this showing @ AKC is not for the meek or softhearted, here in Texas, they'll chew you up, spit you out and stomp all over you while your down...but, you get back up, brush yourself off and get back in their to do it all over again (hubby just thinks I'm a gluten for punishment @ this venue).

So I say yes, question away..you may be surprised @ what you discover.

I'd also like to take this time to thank each and every person that stops to help us newbies along the way and who share their years of knowledge and expertise with us pups Smile we do appreciate the time, effort and years of accumulative wisdom you poor upon us to help us succeed. I would name names here, but I would be afraid I'd leave someone out Smile you guys know who you are and I love you all Smile.
runarabbit
runarabbit

http://www.dream-a-dream.com

Back to top Go down

Which Venue do you start showing in? What have your experiences been like? Empty Re: Which Venue do you start showing in? What have your experiences been like?

Post  Angelboys3 Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:30 am

We are currently showing through APRI, but are about to branch out and do IABCA shows and UKC. It just seems so confusing to figure out which class your dog goes in Rolling Eyes
Angelboys3
Angelboys3

http://www.3rdachshunds.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Which Venue do you start showing in? What have your experiences been like? Empty Re: Which Venue do you start showing in? What have your experiences been like?

Post  runarabbit Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Call me anytime, I don't mind helping at all Smile...I have never done APRI, but I wouldn't be opposed to going Smile
runarabbit
runarabbit

http://www.dream-a-dream.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down