Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orphaned pups

Go down

Orphaned pups Empty Orphaned pups

Post  Admin Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:14 am

Some of you know I have been for the last 2.5 wks hand feeding puppies. A friends female died 24 hrs after she delivered 7 puppies. Unfortunately she had a csection/spay and had a bad infection. We lost 3 pups almost from the start. I have 4 puppies that I am bottle feeding around the clock, now about 4 hrs apart. Anyone want to give me some advice.....when and how long can you start waiting longer hrs between feedings. They are finally on the goats milk formula. I tried to start them on it but they wanted no part of it, so I was feeding them ESmilac or whatever its called.....LOL! 1 seems to have some fluid in his lungs.....taking him to the vet tomorrow. The other 3 seem to be doing perfect. I have a pregnant mama stimulating them and cleaning them for me. They are growing and gaining. 2 females and 2 males surviving so far. 3 black & tans and only 1 smooth chocolate. I was wondering....a couple of them seem to be a tiny bit on the dehydrated side. What do you do for that? I am getting so attached to these babies and have to give them back next weekend when they will be started on puppy mush. I get to keep the chocolate smooth female......we named her Cocoa Puff!! She is the biggest in the litter and a good eater. I put off worming them at 2 wks.....should I go ahead and worm them? I am asking all this just in case I can't get to the vets tomorrow.
Orphaned pups Blue_210
Orphaned pups Cocoa_10
Orphaned pups Female10
Orphaned pups Green_10
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down