Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ear Mats!

2 posters

Go down

Ear Mats! Empty Ear Mats!

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:31 am

See, this is why I'm switching to all smooths one day! My Dingo has gotten into something that has given him ear mats as hard as a rock and attached to the skin so I can't cut them out. I bathed him trying to dissolve them but no luck. Any ideas. I was thinking of some kind of oil, even though that would be very messy. May have to take him to the groomer and have them shaved out!

Back to top Go down

Ear Mats! Empty Re: Ear Mats!

Post  Robin Brueggeman Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:05 am

My River had a mat like that in the summer and i just kept using the thinning shears on it until you get as close as you can to his skin and then bathed him with lots of conditioner behind his ears...finally got them out Very Happy I agree with you Dave long hair is a pain but on another note my long hair is much calmer and laid back. I guess we cant win LOL!!!!
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks! I'll just keep trying! I have the reverse here...my smooths and wires are calmer and a lot of my longs are a total SPAZ! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelboys3 Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:03 pm

Oh Dave, never bathe a matted dog, lol!! It makes the mats even harder (we used to have shih tzu). I also use the thinning shears if mine get an ear mat, once the "end" is cut off, I can usually get a comb through it to get the rest, then bathe them Very Happy

Now you tell me!!!!!! Razz
Angelboys3
Angelboys3

http://www.3rdachshunds.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum