Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

inguinal Hernia (large) 5 year old Standard Wire Haired Finn

2 posters

Go down

inguinal Hernia (large) 5 year old Standard Wire Haired Finn Empty inguinal Hernia (large) 5 year old Standard Wire Haired Finn

Post  robr0001 Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:06 pm

My beautiful best friend Finn has an large Inguinal hernia on his right side. Our local vet preformed sugery on him and three weeks later it came back. i took him to a surgical center and had a "Pig Mesh" install surgically. The vet requested we get a small cage and severely limit his activity which we have done. Really, in a cage 23.8 hours a day only allowed out of the pen to use the bathroom. Since Finn has never even been on a leash this has been an extremely difficult task. The surgeon gave him some sedatives that seem to work well but he is of course a zombie. 

We have done everything right but it looks like the hernia is back. Surgeon says that they cant go back and fix it again that this was it.

My wife and 5 kids are beside ourselves. 

I never thought I could love an animal as much as I love that dog. 

Does anyone know of a truss or something that the dog could wear?

Or a surgeon in the Chicago/Illinois area that specializes in Doxie's?

Thanks
Robert Hamilton

robr0001

Back to top Go down

inguinal Hernia (large) 5 year old Standard Wire Haired Finn Empty Re: inguinal Hernia (large) 5 year old Standard Wire Haired Finn

Post  Admin Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Robert I am so sorry I did not receive notice of this!
My sincere apologies and I pray that your baby is doing better or that you found an answer or solution to your situation!
I am very close to my vet if you still are having any issues! I am hoping my settings will allow me to continue to get notifications for posts again! Suspect 
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down