Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puppy weaning setup!

2 posters

Go down

Puppy weaning setup! Empty Puppy weaning setup!

Post  Admin Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 am

This is a pic from our old home.....but I use the same general set up for all my pups when they turn about 3 wks old!! Was wondering how others, that whelp in home set ups, set up their puppies and those that use kennels, how do you set up for your puppies?? I am always looking for new or better ideas.
I use a water bottle and dish so pups learn to drink out of both, food dish with puppy food in it all the time, crate with fresh blanket everyday ( crate doesn't have a door on it either so pups can go in and out ), newspapers or puppy pads (whichever I have on hand), vinyl flooring from Home Depot!!!
Please share with us......and I could use some new ideas!! cool

Puppy weaning setup! 93710
Puppy weaning setup! 93810
Puppy weaning setup! 93910
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Puppy weaning setup! Empty Re: Puppy weaning setup!

Post  D&A Mini Doxies Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:59 am

Well we have our puppy room. There is cement flooring in there that we painted with that sealing paint...some spots are chipping off from all the scrubbing we did with the last litter so it needs touched up. We had two crates with lots of blankets. We have an automatic food and water dish in there. We've never had trouble weaning the puppies onto puppy food they have always just learned to eat it around 3 weeks from watching mom....we don't even have to wet it Shocked . We have a big cabinet on the opposite end of the puppy room that we keep old blankets, toys, puppy pads, bottles, wipes, etc. in....it was there from when Darren bought the house so the magnetic things that are supposed to hole the doors closed dont always work and we usually have to tie string around the handles to keep the puppies from getting in there....last summer with Hollie's litter of 6 I was scrubbing the floor and not really paying attention that much. I had the door that leads outside pushed closed, but not pushed in all the way (if you know what I mean). I got most of the floor done when I realized there were only 2 puppies in the room and there should have been 6! I freaked out thinking maybe they had gotten outside and were out there all that time with out supervision. We dont have a fence around our property and the woods is about 2 feet from the door that leads outside in the puppy room. I went outside and was searching and calling for them like a maniac, and ran to a panic after 10 minutes to where Darren was working on a part of the house. He ran down to the puppy room, and those little buggers were hiding under blankets in the cabinet Razz Ugh it about made me have a heartattack thinking I had lost 4 puppies....anyway now back to the setup LOL, we have a desk and a bookshelf down there as well for paperwork, file holders, books, doxie decorations etc. We have a dachshund calendar, and a bulletin board for tacking up pictures of past pups on when customers visit. Unfortunately, the ductwork isn't connected to the puppyroom yet so it doesn't have heat, so for Taffy's upcoming litter we are going to have to house them in our newly refinished bathroom because it is the only room n the house with vinyl flooring Shocked so I'm going to have to get me an excecise pen.

D&A Mini Doxies

http://daminidachshunds.weebly.com

Back to top Go down