Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Layna stacked!

3 posters

Go down

Layna stacked!  Empty Layna stacked!

Post  LittleGems Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:43 pm

So I have been working with Layna a bit, and I am trying to find a handler in the Joliet/Chicago area but I am having a bit of trouble lol. She is okay about it, just needs practice! She is terrified of heights so we are working mosting just getting her used to the table. I want critique though! :D

Layna stacked!  Iaza17068337941400
8 weeks old, day after I had her home.

Layna stacked!  Iaza17068355993200
10 weeks old.

LittleGems

Back to top Go down

Layna stacked!  Empty Re: Layna stacked!

Post  Admin Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:07 am

The main things that jump out at me as in faults are a tad long in the hocks, too much stop and her front shoulders look to straight to me and not enough angulation to them. She does have a great topline, looks to have nice ribbing & keel, lacking some chest but is normal at this age, nice ear set! Pretty little girl!!
This is just my opinion and I am still learning myself!! happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:33 am

Her whole front assembly is forward and very steep (you can see it's up in her neck) and lacking angulation, and she looks very short in upper arm. She's long in hock, short in stifle, and she could be better angulated there as well. Agree with Karen, she's got too much stop. Her topline is straight (meaning not roached), but she looks like she's going to be high in the rear. She also looks flat footed in front. I actually can't see where her ribbing and keel are, so I can't tell about that.

Proud Lake Dachshunds

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleGems Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks guys! I know her front half is just.. bleh. It also doesn't help that she thinks stacking is evil. She really just does not like being up on that table. I was working with her yesterday and I finally had to give up because she just would not have it. But again thank you for the critique! :]

LittleGems

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Unfortunately no dogs are perfect but it is really good if you can pick out your own dogs faults....this is extremely helpful when finding a mate for breeding....you never want to breed 2 dogs with the same faults.
I also like to have my dogs critiqued.....sometimes I can miss a very obvious flaw that someone else can pick up right away.
Good luck with her and she very well may grow out of some of those flaws that she has now! happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down