Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Dad passed away

+4
Robin Brueggeman
Angelboys3
JamiLynnS
Admin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Dad passed away Empty My Dad passed away

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:06 pm

My Dad has Alzheimer and Leuy Body Dementia and I was told today that his time is coming soon. His health has declined to the point he can no longer feed himself and his breathing has become labored. As per my Mom's and his instructions i am keeping to their wishes of no feeding tubes or anything to prolong his life. So we have now started Palliative care meaning he will be kept comfortable till the end. The prayers i am asking for are for him to pass on quickly and comfortably. If all of you wouldn't mind keeping him in your prayers for that reason I would appreciate it. I guess I will truly be an orphan now.

Last edited by dachshundsr4me on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

My Dad passed away Empty Re: My Dad passed away

Post  Admin Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm so sorry to hear...it is never easy to loose a parent and even harder to loose a child. Prayers and Hugs for you and him till his time......I pray he goes in peace and soon for his and your sake! Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JamiLynnS Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:09 pm

So sorry to hear this. Sad
You and him are in my thoughts and prayers.
JamiLynnS
JamiLynnS

http://www.imperialdachshunds.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelboys3 Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Prayers for you and your dad Sad We prayed this same prayer a couple of months ago for our grandfather who also had Alzheimer's. I feel blessed that he went quickly (talking though confused one day, and passing on the next) It was also a great comfort that he went on my Uncle's (his youngest son) birthday, who had passed the year before from cancer at 41. We said he got there just in time to party! I pray that you can find peace and comfort in this truly difficult time heart
Angelboys3
Angelboys3

http://www.3rdachshunds.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Lots of prayers coming your way praying he will not suffer Sad It is so hard to have both parents pass on i do understand how you feel my husband is only 44 and has both parents and 3 sisters all passed away Sad I will pray alot for you to somehow get through the pain .
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Robin,

You will definately be in my prayers. I just lost my dad Jan 31st and know exactly what you are going through. We also abided by his wishes of no heroic measures. He did not have Alheimer's, but rather took care of my mom who does. She is entering the late stages now, so I truly feel your pain.

Deb

Back to top Go down

Post  AlaskanLowrider Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:19 am

I will pray his transition is a smooth one - I will also pray for you that you can find the strength to ease you through painful time

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:46 am

Thank you all for your support. How do you prepare to lose your parents? I think I have prepared as much as i possibly can. I wish i was able to be with him but since i moved i cannot just hop to VA to be with him. I haven't heard anything tonight but i have been told that any changes and i will be called right away. I asked my son to go see him and please reinforce that his family loves him. I have never told him about my Mom. I felt in his state of mind it would be cruel to do so. I felt that either he would be upset for only a few minutes and then forget or he would dwell on it...that this would be something his mind decides not to forget and just make him miserable. I actually hope he is pleasantly surprised when my Mom meets him and helps to take him home to be with his maker.

I have had time to say my peace with him in his good days while he was sick. I know when he found out he had Alzheimer he asked my mom and i to please promise to not prolong his life in anyway. I have tried to keep my parents wishes when it came down to their final days on this earth. My heart is heavy knowing his time will be here sooner then later but i feel as a daughter i have done the best i can for both my mom and my dad.

I know that they say on judgment day that we will be asked what good we have done with our lives by God.....I know my answer...I will say that i have had a daughter and a son and tried to be the best mother i can be to both of my children, I have tried to be a good daughter and be there for both of my parents even in their darkest days of their lives, I have been a good sister, niece, and friend to all that i meet. I have also touch many lives with a gift of life in the form of a beautiful puppy for them to love. I think as breeders isn't that what most of us are here for?

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:13 am

Robin i dont think there is a way to prepare ....You did everything you could do and we just have to take comfort in knowing we will meet them again someday .
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:32 am

Beautifully stated sentiments Robin, and so true.

Deb

Back to top Go down

Post  doxiesmom Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:19 am

Robin, you and your father are in my thoughts and prayers. It's never easy to lose someone you love so much, just know he will be with your mom again and they will be at peace and will always be with you in your heart.
doxiesmom
doxiesmom

http://www.kcsdoxies.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:05 pm

I called today to see how he is and he is now unconscious and unable to be woke up. I guess if you gotta go its best to go unconscious.

Back to top Go down

Post  doxiesmom Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:46 pm

God Bless you and your family during this time.
doxiesmom
doxiesmom

http://www.kcsdoxies.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:01 pm

He is still unconscious and barely hanging on. I was told this can last a few days since he can't eat or drink and they are not giving him fluids or food. He is running a very high temp and they are controlling it with a shot. I just wanted to update everyone on my Dad.

Back to top Go down

Post  JamiLynnS Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:52 pm

You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.
JamiLynnS
JamiLynnS

Back to top Go down

My Dad passed away Empty Prayers for Belle!

Post  Admin Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:03 am

I got a scary call today from a past buyer. Long story short.....the pup she bought from me is Mylee & Jazz's sister.....Belle.....she went outside like normal on Monday but when she came back in she wasn't acting right and she had a gash in her chest/neck area. Anyways....they think she got in a fight with a racoon thru their chain link fence. She has had 2 surgeries this week and she died on the operating table during the 2nd surgery....just when the vet was ready to give up....her heart starting beating again.....they called it a miracle. Belle is alive and she is trying to walk again. They were afraid she wouldn't walk again and she may have lost some or all of her sight. Please say prayers for Belle, Cheryl & family for Belle to make a FULL recovery! Sad The vet also said if she hadn't of been so healthy & strong before...he is sure she wouldn't have made it! Cheryl says that if it had been either of her other 2 doxies....they would not of made it! Belle is her "varmit" chaser/killer/eater and fearless of everything!
Here is a picture of them the day they came and picked her up. Now Cheryl is insisting on being put on a waiting list for another chocolate dapple longhair from me and she is willing to wait for one with blue eyes....LOL! They live in Missouri.

My Dad passed away 273910
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:14 pm

I was able to talk to him on the phone even if he cannot talk back...the hospice nurse held the phone up to his ear...and let him know its ok for him to go and I told him today that my Mom and my Brother would both be there waiting for him. He has developed sepsis. I kinda figured that. It's just a matter of anytime now. The waiting is hard.....hopefully telling him its ok to go he will drift away now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Awww Robin many prayers for you Sad
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  MydogZeldaLouise Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Although I have never personally met you. I am so sorry to hear what you are going thru and my heart goes out to you. I hope it helps that others care about you and your family. I, myself might be going thru something similar in the future. My dad had dementia and is in the process of diagnosing. Alot of professionals that have been around him feel it's Alzheimer's. I'm hoping it's not but there it a definate problem and it just breaks my heart. Take care and know that we all care about you and your family. With love, Kelli Funk
MydogZeldaLouise
MydogZeldaLouise

Back to top Go down

Post  MydogZeldaLouise Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Robin, even though I haven't met you, you are very much on my mind today. I know it is a very difficult time for you now and I hope that you are okay. I watched the first disc of Maria Shiver's "The Alzheimer's Project" last night. This is such a terrible disease. Hopefully in the future there will be progress made for a cure.
MydogZeldaLouise
MydogZeldaLouise

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that today March 27th 2011 around 1:30 pm my Dad passed away and is now in the arms of our lord.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:25 pm

I know words are of no comfort right now.......but please know you are in my prayers and my heart is aching for you! I have a very hard time dealing with death.....I just never know what to say and I ache for my own dad daily! Sad Sad Sad Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Robin my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time Sad
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Well karen the way i deal with it is i seem to sleep a lot more and tend to cry at the drop of a hat. I am sure its depression but i just try to do my best to deal with it. I have been depressed since my mom passed and now with this its even harder...the dogs help me to go on...they give me a reason to get up in the morning. Anyway thanks for the prayers.

Back to top Go down

Post  JamiLynnS Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Sorry to hear that Ms.Robin. Sad
But know that he is in no more pain and is with your mom and best of all he is in the presence of Jesus.
You and your family are in my continued thoughts and prayers. Let me know if you need anything!
JamiLynnS
JamiLynnS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next