Doxaholics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lexi/Jax puppies

+2
Robin Brueggeman
AlaskanLowrider
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 Empty First Stack

Post  AlaskanLowrider Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks guys - they are getting sweeter and sweeter Laughing Both boys have those dreamy bedroom eyes I love soooo much Very Happy

This is their very first stack - I am impressed how well they did:

Kismet
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 4wkstack001

Chance
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 4wkstack003

Serendipity
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 4wkstack004

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 Empty Re: Lexi/Jax puppies

Post  AlaskanLowrider Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:00 pm

I fell behind on the pictures due to my toddler being sick all last week....Here they are at 6 1/2 weeks old.....

Kismet .... 3# 4oz
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wks014

Karma....4# 9oz
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wks015

Chance.... 2# 12oz
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wks016

Serendipity....3# 9oz
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wks020

I still need to get stacked pictures of them which I will probably get done today - the weather has been really nice so its been hard to stay inside ... the puppies can't go outside until Saturday - hopefully its nice then as well to get lots of pictures in natural light

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Adorable happy happy I still really Love Karma he is sweet happydog
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Adorable....I love them pies!! happy happy happydog happydog
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doxaholics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JamiLynnS Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Love them! Chance is my favorite. I love you
JamiLynnS
JamiLynnS

http://www.imperialdachshunds.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlaskanLowrider Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:32 am

Thanks guys! As promised, I got stacked pictures of them today - they all cooperated except Serendipity so she is the only one lacking a rear shot as she kept sitting ......

Kismet
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wkstack028
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wkstack029

Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wkstack025

Chance
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wkstack022
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wkstack023

Serendipity
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 6wkstack030

They are all spoken for except Karma and she is the best looking of all of them I think ..I may just have to go over my limit for a bit and grow her out

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:55 pm

I was just going to say that I thought Karma has the nicest conformation at this point out of all of them!! love love happy
Has Jenn from Darling Doll House seen her???
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlaskanLowrider Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:21 pm

I am glad you said that so I am not just looking at them through a "mother eyes" Laughing I don't know if Jen has seen her I made almost the same post on all the forums I belong to so she may have..I know the people over at DachshundOwnersClub is fascinated by them being piebalds watching them grow but not a whole lot of input really from anyone so far since they are still changing and quickly growing

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  littletinydachz Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:32 pm

I have always thought Karma was the Best..lol..LOVE her...
Hey,she kinda looks like my Girlie....Maybe I have mother's glasses on..hehe tongue
littletinydachz
littletinydachz

http://little-tiny-dachshund.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlaskanLowrider Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Laughing Laughing Maybe Laughing Laughing I have liked Karma from the get go too as she sticks out from the crowd but with having better conformation to boot is a plus making me like her even more. Unfortunately the only way I can keep her is by rehoming one of the others. I am seriously contemplating having Lexi fixed earlier than I planned and letting my brother take her (earlier than planned) so I can keep Karma. The next one to go is Wickett after the rescue group gets it together more from the influx of dogs then Jax after he mates with my mom's girl Rosie for both of their last litters leaving me with just the girls to AI for better mate selections.

By this fall I will have 1-2 spots open for next years breedings depending if I take in another rescue or not. I did apply to be allowed 12 dogs instead of 10 (split between 2 properties as my mom has 4 which is included under my license) but that won't go through until after my inspection in a couple of months which right now I know it won't ...not enough room with 6 kennels, the puppy pen and furniture. So I am making my own kennel furniture and expanding my dog run to prove I can have the space to accommodate 8 on a single property.

The next option is to place her with a breeder (one that won't breed her to death) and buy back one of her puppies so I can plan on having the room between now and then to pick up where I left off. I am just not sure as there are too many "if's" right now

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  AlaskanLowrider Fri May 06, 2011 12:07 am

Here they are at 8 1/2 weeks old - well all but Serendipity as she left a couple days ago for her new home.....

Kismet
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 May037

Chance
Lexi/Jax puppies - Page 2 May058

Kismet and Chance are both leaving this weekend for their new homes.

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 06, 2011 12:30 am

Adorable.......so are you keeping Karma?? LOL!!! happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robin Brueggeman Fri May 06, 2011 8:01 am

They sure are sweet happy I say keep Karma Very Happy
Robin Brueggeman
Robin Brueggeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 8:33 am

I say keep them all...they are so darn cute.

Back to top Go down

Post  AlaskanLowrider Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 pm

I thought about this long and hard - I so want to keep her for my program as I think she will improve it a little - she is definitely better built than her momma but I need to keep focused on my goals on getting all the puppies I keep in the show ring. I discussed this with a dachshund show breeder here as well as my conformation teacher - they both agree she will get disqualified before entering which is a shame. Besides I have 3 girls training for the ring right now which is a little much - my daughter was supposed to help but she wasn't into it so I gave her an out...watch your brothers while I do this - she took me up on it in a heartbeat lol.

I figure I have been breeding dachshunds for the last 5 years or so and already starting over in my foundation. Its time for me to get serious now I know more of what I am doing to continue learning all I can at the next level. So there isn't going to be any more litters from me until we at least get some points. My parents breed for smooths while I have been focusing on the longhairs granted they are having one last litter then packing it in leaving all the breeding to me.

I decided to retire Lexi along with Jax - leaving me with Luna, Phoebe and Muddles for my longhair foundation...I need to start looking for a mate for Phoebe to AI with - Luna has hers picked out already and time will tell for Muddles. I do want to breed for smooths eventually but I want to start with one with a more correct front to save the grief of starting over with them in a year or two. I admit if she was full color I would suck it up and keep her...if only I could get away with dying her coat Laughing I just dyed part of my hair blue last night and the rest trying to match my natural color (ash blonde) to cover up the grey while having fun with it - its a lot bluer than I thought it would be and the "natural" color match is waaay darker than I intended so even if I could get away with it the dye job would be very noticeable as its hard to determine the right color Laughing

AlaskanLowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2